The MNE Shop is a research support facility for the Alan Levin Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering at K-State. The MNE Shop produces research tools and components for the MNE faculty and students as well as other departments and colleges on campus with design and manufacturing of any mechanical components. For consultation, please contact the Research Technician.
- Three milling machines to handle a variety of jobs
- Experienced in machining a wide range of materials
- 16" X 18" vacuum table for surface machining
- Digital read out allows for good accuracy and repeatability
- Special part fixturing is available
- Four lathes to handle small parts and parts up to 15"
- Experienced in turning a wide range of materials
- Single point threading capabilities
- Carbide insert tooling for superior surface finish
- Small CNC lathe handles small intricate work
- Build 3D models quickly and affordably
- Create models from Pro E or SolidWorks STL files
- ABS plastic can be machined, painted and glued
- 10"w X 10"d X 12"h build envelope
- Sparse fill feature reduces the amount of material needed to build models